In Italy, pasta with tomato sauce and Parmigiano cheese, is the dish for excellence.
The key or secret ingredient to master pasta with tomato sauce is to always have the best tomato sauce. The sauce should always be thick enough to just stick to the pasta without being runny or slipping through the shapes.
I made this recipe with Sicilian cherry tomato pulp but you can also use San Marzano variety. Sicilian cherry tomatoes have a unique taste from the Mediterranean climate which provides the best growing and maturing climate. Prepare the sauce, adding just one clove of garlic and enjoy it!
Pasta with tomato sauce: Ingredients
1 clove of garlic
500 g (17 oz) tomato pulp (cherry or San Marzano tomatoes)
Pinch of sea salt
320 g (11 ¾ oz) short or long high quality Italian pasta
100 g (3½ oz) Parmigiano cheese, grated
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Pasta with tomato sauce: Method
- Brown the garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Remove it and cook tomato pulp until the sauce is consistent (about 15 minutes).
- When tomato is cooked, add extra virgin olive oil to taste.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water till al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked, add tomato sauce and stir.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano cheese and serve immediately.