Fresh, ripe and seasonal blueberries make simple but fragrant cakes special, ideal for a healthy and delicious break. Cashew flour and date syrup are two of the key ingredients of this sustainable and vegan proposal.
Blackberry cakes: Ingredients
200 g wholemeal (whole-wheat) kamut or farro flour, sifted
100 g cashew flour
2 tsp organic baking powder
4 tbsp whole date nectar juice
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100 ml rice or soy yoghurt, sugar-free
50 ml mild Extra virgin olive oil
100 ml warm water
100 g fresh blackberries, washed
The juice of 1 lemon
Blackberry cakes: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Lightly grease eight muffin holes. Combine the flour sifted with the baking powder, the date nectar, salt, cinnamon and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and water, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth. Mash the blackberries with the tines of a fork and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Add 1 teaspoon mashed blackberries into each muffin hole.
- Pour the dough into the molds. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.