Summer vegetables are among the most popular. Their bright colours and their versatility makes them ideal for many preparations. I love to cook vegetables from my garden in the oven.
Baked vegetables are delicious freshly baked but also perfect the next day, seasoned with a little Extra virgin olive oil.
Baked Vegetables: Ingredients
Serves 2- 4
2 eggplant (aubergines), cut into rounds
2 red capsicum (pepper)
3 zucchini (courgettes), cut into rounds
2 red onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
White pepper, to taste
1 tbsp dry oregano
2 tbsp de-salted capers
Baked Vegetables: Method
- Place the eggplant in a bowl. Add the water and salt and cover with a plate, leaving it to sit for about 30 minutes. Rinse and dry the eggplants.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Lightly grease a baking tin. Discard the stems, seeds and filaments of the capsicums and roughly chop.
- Place the vegetables in the baking tin, add extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and the oregano.
- Bake in the oven for about 30–35 minutes.
- Serve the vegetables warm, garnished with de-salted capers.