The Wolf Post, supported by a Cultural Association, offers a professional service with free access, without subscription.
For this reason, a donation would also be a sign of appreciation for our work.
Chickpeas and pumpkin are an ideal match for creamy soups. Rosemary is the aromatic plant par excellence to combine with an ideal dish to be enjoyed in the cold months.
Bellissime Rosé 2020, from the French winery Alain Jaume, is our suggestion. It is a wine from AOC Côtes du Rhône, made with Grenache, Syrah, Monastrell varietals. Appreciated for its notes of fresh flowers reminiscent of dog rose and peach blossoms. Fruity scent of red berries and light hints of walnut peach, closing with delicate notes of freshly cut field herbs.
For the full review, click here.
Ingredients (two servings)
250 g chickpeas
400 g pumpkin pulp, cut into cubes
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
500 ml vegetable broth
3 tablespoons EVOO
A pinch of sea salt
pepper as needed
1 sprig of rosemary
- Soak the chickpeas with a pinch of baking soda overnight. The next day, drain the beans and cook for 50 minutes, adding salt when cooked.
- Put the pumpkin and onion in a saucepan with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and the spoonful of tomato sauce and mix. Add the vegetable broth and cook for five minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the mixture until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Heat the soup over medium heat and serve hot with the chopped rosemary.