Compared to my other vegan burger proposals, Tofu borlotti beans patties are even more nutritious.
This dish is a mix of important plant based proteins. Cooked in the oven and with a crust of toasted white almonds, these healthy balls are a delight to be enjoyed even cold with seasonal salad and/ or eggs free mayonnaise. Crispy outside and soft inside, they are perfect for a summer lunch or a snack on the go. Borlotti are typical Italian beans. Borlotti beans are rich in proteins whose properties increase when combined with cereals. They are a valuable aid in lowering bad cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar.
Tofu borlotti beans patties: Ingredients
A bunch of rocket/aragula
5 fresh oregano leaves
250 g (9 oz) natural organic soft tofu
300 g (11 oz) borlotti beans in glass
Pinch of sea salt
White pepper, to taste
1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp, white almonds, toasted and chopped
Tofu borlotti beans patties: Method
- Wash and dry the arugula/rocket and oregano, cut into small pieces with your hands.
- In a saucepan, blanch the tofu for five minutes, in order to make it more digestible.
- In a high-edged bowl, pour the vegetables, tofu, drained beans, salt, pepper, oil and breadcrumbs. Blend with an immersion beater until a compact but creamy mixture is obtained.
- Take small portions, form balls and sprinkle them with chopped almonds.
- Place the balls in a pan, lined with parchment paper, and bake at 180° (350°/Gas 4).