This gluten free vegan chocolate and strawberry cake is suitable for those who love natural cakes.
Chocolate and banana are natural thickeners and excellent egg substitutes, rich in rich in taste and nourishment.
The key to this recipe is the strawberry jam inside the dough. Usually, it is used to stuff. In this way, a moist and delicious texture is obtained.
You can replace the strawberry jam with other seasonal and to your liking.
Peaches, apricots and chocolate are delicious combinations, such as fig jam when in season.
Plant based rice milk gives a special sweetness to the dough. You will get the same result even with almond and cashew milk (unsweetened). Another tasty idea is to add a spoonful of dessert wine to the dough (if the dessert is not consumed by children).
Vegan chocolate strawberry cake: Ingredients
2 ripe mashed bananas
100 g (3⅓ oz) coconut sugar
100 ml (3⅓ fl oz) brown rice milk (or other plant based milk)
100 ml (3⅓ fl oz) high oleic sunflower oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate, 70%, melted
1 tbsp cocoa powder
300 g (11 oz) stone ground brown rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp strawberry jam, sugar free
Vegan chocolate strawberry cake: Method
- In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas with coconut sugar, brown rice milk, sunflower oil and vanilla. Add 3 tbsp of the melted chocolate and mix.
- In another bowl, mix the flours, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Pour the dry ingredients into liquid ones little by little and mix quickly. Add the strawberry jam and pour the dough into a mold.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F/Gas 4), for 35 minutes.
- Once cold cover the cake with the melted chocolate and 3-4 strawberries.