Baked creamy spicy tofu is a delicious recipe that also loves those who usually do not like tofu. Olives, Mediterranean spices, fresh and juicy seasonal tomatoes are some of the ingredients that give color and flavor to tofu (organic and top quality).
Tofu is so rich in nutrients, better if organic and from soy not genetically modified.
You can alternate tomatoes with other seasonal vegetables, although I think this remains the winning pair.
Baked creamy spicy tofu: Ingredients
300 g (11 oz) soft tofu
A handful fresh basil, washed
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp dry thyme
½ tsp chili powder
80 g (3 oz) green olives, pitted
1 tbsp capers, desalted
White Pepper, to taste
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Baked creamy spicy tofu: Method
- Cook the tofu in salted water for 10 minutes from boiling. Pour the tofu into a mixer with basil, oregano and thyme (if necessary add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water). Blend until you get a creamy consistency.
- In a pan, cook the onion with a spoon of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add the onion, desalted capers and olives to tofu and mix well. Pour the creamy tofu in a pan, oiled (or covered with baking paper).
- Cut the tomatoes and lay over the tofu cream.
- Brush the surface with the remaining olive oil spoons. Add the basil leaves and bake, in preheated oven, at 180° (350°F/ Gas 4).