These apricots cocoa cakes are delicious for a summer breakfast or to be served with a cold tea or fruit ice cream. Apricots and date syrup are natural sweeteners that replace sugar. Brown rice flour makes this sweet also suitable for gluten free intolerant and gives these small cakes softness and a lot of lightness.
Apricots cocoa cakes: Ingredients
300 g (11 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
1 tsp organic baking powder
50 g (2 oz) raw cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla “Bourbon” powder
1 tbsp chopped cocoa seeds, chopped
1 organic free range egg
4 tbsp dates syrup
50 ml (2 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil (or 80 ml/ 3 floz organic cold pressed sun flower oil)
50 ml (2 fl oz) almond milk
10 fresh apricots, diced
Apricots cocoa cakes: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180° (350°F/Gas 4).
- Mix the flour with baking powder, cocoa, vanilla, cocoa seeds and put aside. In a bowl, beat the egg with the date syrup, the oil and the almond milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ones at a time, stirring quickly.
- Wash and cut the apricots into cubes.
- Pour the dough into the muffins cases.
- Add the apricots and bake for 25 minutes.