Couscous with vegetables is one of the most delicious summer dishes.
Cous cous is a typical dish of Mediterranean tradition. In Italy, the region where it is most often consumed is Sicily, in the western part of the Island. This recipe has the taste of freshly harvested summer vegetables, freshly picked and of good olive oil, which should never be missed on a healthy table.
Couscous with vegetables: Ingredients
300 g couscous
80 g (3 oz) green beans
2 bell peppers
10 cherry tomatoes
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
Couscous with vegetables: Method
- Wash the bell peppers, remove the seeds and cut into strips. Put them in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, onion, salt and cook with lid.
- Cook the green beans al dente in boiling salted water. Drain them and put aside.
- Wash the zucchini and carrots and cut into pieces. Wash the tomatoes and cut in half.
- Put these vegetables in a pan and cook with oil and salt.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, mix them all in a pan.
- Cook the couscous according to the directions of the pack and, when cooked, add to the vegetables. Serve cold.