This soft and moist ricotta cake with blueberries remains perfect for a few days. Ricotta is the main ingredient for which I suggest the fresh one of the peasant and not the industrial one, if possible.
Farro flour has a perfect consistency and give to this ricotta cake with blueberries a special texture.
For a gluten-free version, brown rice flour is perfect but I would also add almond flour to “slightly” dry the mixture, otherwise it may be too soft and mosit.
Ricotta cake with blueberries: Ingredients
250 g (9 oz) ricotta cheese
200 g (7 oz) blueberries
150 g (5 oz) raw brown sugar
The zest of one lemon, grated
2 free range organic eggs
80 g (3 oz) cold pressed organic sun flower oil
250 g (9 oz) white Farro flour, sifted
1 tsp organic baking poweder
Ricotta cake with blueberries: Method
- Drain the ricotta for 30 minutes in a colander.
- Wash and dry the cranberries.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta with sugar and lemon zest. Add the eggs, oil and sifted flour with baking powder and mix quickly. Add the blueberries.
- Pour the dough into a cake mold, covered with baking paper.
- Bake, in preheated oven, at 180° (350°F/Gas 4) for 40 minutes.