Many of you know my mantra: Knowledge makes a difference. In personal and professional life, knowledge is the key to developing a personality capable of facing the path of existence. Yet, knowledge without the “heart” is sterile. It takes heart to move forward in life, the enthusiasm that generates passion, curiosity, attention, sharing.
This sweet heart tastes like roasted almonds and cinnamon. As always, made with the best unrefined, sustainable ingredients and, of course, high quality EVOO.
3 large organic free range eggs
Pinch of sea salt
5 tbsp dates syrup
1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
75 ml mild high quality EVOO
200 g almond flour
100 g brown rice flour
15 g organic baking powder
1 tbsp whole almonds, roasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas 4).
- Whip the whole eggs with a pinch of salt. Add the dates syrup, cinnamon and olive oil.
- Add the flours and baking powder, stirring just enough to blend the ingredients.
- Pour the dough into a greased and floured cake pan (or replaced with baking paper). Add the almonds
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until done