Ideal at any time of the day, almond and cinnamon cake is sweetened with dates syrup and it is also dairy and gluten free.
Almond and brown rice flour are perfect, delicious gluten free flours. Almond flour contains few carbohydrates and is a precious source of vitamin E and monounsaturated fats. Furthermore, it has a low glycemic index.
Brown rice flour is so versatile and gives to cakes a particular softness. Always prefer brown rice flour because it contains all the nutrients of the rice.
Almond and cinnamon cake: Ingredients
3 large organic free range eggs
Pinch of sea salt
5 tbsp dates syrup
1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
75 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil
200 g (7 oz) almond flour
100 g (100 g (3½ oz) brown rice flour
15 g (½oz) organic baking powder
1 tbsp whole almonds
Almond and cinnamon cake: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas 4).
- Whip the whole eggs with a pinch of salt. Add the dates syrup, cinnamon and olive oil.
- Add the flours and baking powder, stirring just enough to blend the ingredients.
- Pour the dough into a greased and floured cake pan (or replaced with baking paper). Add the almonds
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until done.