Vegetable soup is one of my best dishes.
Creamy vegetable soups are one of the comfort foods par excellence. This simple dish is made with broccoli, spinach (from my garden) and potatoes. An excellent extra virgin olive oil is one of the keys to a tasty recipe.
Vegetable soup: Ingredients
250 g (9 oz) spinach
4 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
150 ml (5 fl oz) water
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
White pepper, to taste
Vegetable soup: Method
- Peel and rinse the potatoes, cut into cubes and cook in salt water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Clean the spinach, boil in boiling salted water for a few minutes. Drain and cool in cold water.
- Cook the broccoli for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Wash, peel the carrots and cut.
- Blend the potatoes with the spinach and carrots, adding, little by little, water (if necessary add more water). Add the Parmigiano cheese, oil, salt, pepper and blend until a creamy consistency is obtained.
- Pour the cream into a plate, season with the other two tablespoons of olive oil and serve.