Chocolate and cocoa chips muffins are one of my few recipes made with butter.
In my cakes, I rarely use butter and only if of high quality. When I have the chance to buy it in the farms I know it will make a difference.
High quality dark chocolate and brown rice flour add another touch of quality to this simple but so delicious recipe, perfect for breakfast or tea time.
Chocolate and cocoa chips muffins: Ingredients
Makes 8-10 muffins
80 g (3 oz) organic high quality butter
200 g (7 oz) organic dark chocolate, 70%
2 free range organic eggs
80 g (3 oz) raw coconut sugar
80 ml (3 fl oz) organic milk
300 g (11 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
1 tsp organic baking powder
1 tbsp unsweetend cocoa powder
80 g (3 oz) dark chocolate chips
Chocolate and cocoa chips muffins: Method
- Preheat the oven at 180° (350°/Gas 4). Melt the butter. Turn off the fire and add the chocolate. Make it cool.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until you get a clear mixture. Add the milk and melted chocolate.
- Add the sifted flour with baking powder and cocoa. Quickly blend the ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips of chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into baking papers and cook for 25 minutes.