So learn about life. Cut yourself a big slice with the silver server, a big slice of pie. Open your eyes Let life happen
Ciambella: a timeless Italian classic. Perfect for breakfast for soaking or with a veil of jam spread on top, it is also suitable for tea, perhaps, with a dollop of fresh cream and fruit.
My proposal only with quality ingredients, as always. For the gluten-free version I recommend rice flour.
Soft classic ciambella cake: Ingredients
100 g (3½ oz) raw honey
75 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil
2 large organic free range eggs
Pinch of sea salt
1 tsp organic “Bourbon” vanilla powder
4 tbsp vanilla yogurt
100 g (3½ oz) white rice flour, sifted
200 g (7 oz) white Farro flour, sifted
15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder
4 tbsp warm water
Soft classic ciambella cake: Method
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix together the honey and olive oil. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add the salt and vanilla powder.
- Pour in the yogurt and continue to mix.
- Add the flours and the baking powder, mixing well to combine all the ingredients. Add the warm water.
- Pour the batter into an oiled and floured doughnut cake pan. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until done in the center.