Gluten free marble cake has a texture with a crisp surface and a soft but well-compact interior.
This is one of those cakes perfect to be soaked.
Unrefined flours, “Panela” whole sugar, mild extra virgin olive oil and fair trade cocoa are the main ingredients of a delicious, gluten-free rustic healthy marble cake.
Gluten free marble Ciambella cake: Ingredients
2 organic free range eggs
80 ml (3 fl oz) almond milk (or brown rice milk)
80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil (or 100 ml/ or 100 ml/3½ oz organic cold pressed sunflower oil)
80 g (3 oz) Panela sugar
Pinch of sea salt
1 tsp organic vanilla “Bourbon” powder
50 g (2 oz) Sicilian raw chocolate 80%, melted
250 g (9 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
50 g (2 oz) cornstarch/cornmeal
1 tsp organic baking powder
1 tbsp fair trade cocoa powder
1 tbsp whole almonds or toasted hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
Gluten free marble Ciambella cake: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Beat the eggs with almond milk, olive oil, sugar, a pinch of salt and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate
- In a bowl, mix the brown rice flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Add to the bowl of liquid ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Pour about a half of the mixture in a baking pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the cocoa powder into the leftover dough.
- Pour over the first half of the mixture. Add, if desired, chopped almonds or hazelnuts.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.