Crispy and rich in energy, these vegan olive oil cocoa cookies are rich in benefits. They are great for breakfast, dipped in milk, but also perfect for a snack to take with you to school or the office.
Unrefined flours, coconut sugar and a very high quality dark chocolate are the key to this simple, yet delicious recipe. They can keep for several days. You can replace (or alternate) dried fruit flour according to your tastes.
Vegan olive oil cocoa cookies: Ingredients
3 tbsp raw coconut sugar
100 g (3 ½ oz) 80% dark chocolate, melted
200 g (7 oz) wholemeal (whole-wheat) flour, sifted (or brown rice flour, for a gluten-free recipe)
150 g (5 oz) pistachio flour
1 tsp organic baking powder
1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
50 ml (2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil or 100 ml (3½ fl oz) cold-pressed sunflower oil
2/3 tbsp brown rice milk
1 handful chopped pistachios or other dried fruit, to your taste
Vegan olive oil cocoa cookies: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut sugar with the melted chocolate.
- Add the flours, baking powder, powder, salt and mix.
- Add the oil and mix the ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Add just enough brown rice milk to make a soft dough.
- With moistened hands, form small balls. Flatten and place on the baking tray.
- Place the pistachios (or other chopped dried fruit ) on each cookie and bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.