Among the various recipes made with olive oil, these vegan chocolate hazelnut tarts are my favorites.
One of the key of these vegan tarts is Muscovado or Mascobado sugar. It has a moist and sandy texture that makes it perfect for a vegan crust. It also contains iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. This sugar from Barbados is also known for its diuretic qualities.
The doses in this recipe vary according to the quality of the flour, sugar and oil used.
Vegan chocolate hazelnut tarts: Ingredients
Makes 4-6 tartlets
60 ml (2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil (or 80ml /3 fl oz organic cold pressed high oleic sunflower oil)
60 ml (2 fl oz) brown rice milk
80 g (3 fl oz) Muscovado dark sugar
300 g (11 oz) whole wheat Farro flour
1 tsp organic baking powder
1 tsp organic Vanilla bourbon powder
250 g (9 oz) organic cocoa and hazelnut spread, palm oil free
Vegan chocolate hazelnut tarts: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180° (375° / Gas 4).
- In a bowl, pour the oil, milk, sugar and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla and work until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Form a ball. Take a small amount to cover the tart molds, press and and prick bottoms all over with fork. Cover each mold with 2 tbsp chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until crusts are golden.