Orange chocolate cakes with hot milk and oil are a soft, healthy breakfast treat.
I believe that every woman who loves home baking has often enjoyed a homemade treat with hot milk. This a great basic recipe for beginners. Milk (in many of my cakes, plant based milk) is almost always in my sweet recipes because it gives that extra smoothness that allows them to remain soft for several days. A simple addition that makes all the difference.
The combo orange an chocolate are the perfect match made in heaven for these delicious gluten free cakes.
Orange chocolate cakes: Ingredients
100 ml (3½ fl oz) organic brown rice milk (or organic high quality cow milk)
1 free range organic egg
100 ml (3½ fl oz) raw coconut sugar
Pinch of sea salt
150 (5 oz) melted vegan raw chocolate, 70%
200 g (7 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
50 g (2 oz) almond flour
15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder
1 tsp organic orange powder
6 tbsp organic high oleic sunflower oil
80 g (3 oz) hazelnut chocolate spread
Orange chocolate cakes: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Heat the milk without letting it come to a boil.
- Whip the eggs with raw coconut sugar and a pinch of sea salt. Add the chocolate melted.
- Add the flours, sifted with baking powder and orange powder.
- Pour the hot milk a little at a time into the dough. Add the oil and mix quickly.
- Pour the batter into muffin pan and add a tsp of hazelnut chocolate spread for each cake.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Ph. Veronica Lavenia