One of the key for this Peanut and cashews vegan cookies are the roasted unsalted peanuts. The smell that they give off inside the mixture is incredibile.
Peanuts are a good source of plant basedprotein, mineral salts such as magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus), vitamins and antioxidants. Of course, in order to obtain benefits, peanuts must be consumed in limited and unsalted doses.
Peanut and cashews vegan cookies: Ingredients
Makes about 12 big cookies
80 g (3 oz) roasted unsalted peanuts
150 g (5 oz) natural cashews,
150 g (5 oz) whole wheat flour
2 tbsp oats flakes
1 tsp organic baking powder
150 g (5 oz) dark chocolate 80%, chopped
80 g (3 oz) coconut sugar
50 ml (2 fl oz) water
80 ml (3 fl oz) organic cold pressed high oleic sunflower oil
Peanut and cashews vegan cookies: Method
- In a mixer, blend the peanuts and cashews. In a bowl, pour peanuts and cashews.
- Add the flour, the oat flakes, the baking powder, the chocolate into pieces, the sugar and mix. Add the water and oil and mix until it forms a compact dough.
- If the mixture is dry, add one or two tablespoons of water.
- With wet hands, take small doses of dough. Form balls and transfer them on a baking sheet, lined with baking paper.
- Cook at 180° (350° / Gas 4) for about 10-15 minutes.