The key ingredients for this Chocolate cake with caramelized peaches are organic cocoa beans and raw cocoa powder. Bananas are perfect as thickener in place of eggs and peaches, caramelized with dates syrup, make a difference.
The winning combination of chocolate and hazelnuts can be substituted with the pistachio, a variety of nuts that marries just as well with the rest of the ingredients.
Chocolate cake with caramelized peaches: Ingredients
3 ripe bananas
100 ml (3½ oz) hazelnuts (or almond) drink
80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil
200 g ( 7 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
150 g toasted hazelnuts (or almonds) flour
1 tsp organic baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa beans
2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
2 ripe peaches
1 tbsp dates syrup
Chocolate cake with caramelized peaches: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180° (350°F/Gas4).
- Mix the crushed bananas with lemon juice. Add the almonds milk to the oil and mix.
- Mix the flours with baking powder, cocoa beans and cacao powder. Add the liquids slowly to the dry dough.
- Pour the dough into a cake mold, covered with baking paper and bake for 40 minutes.
- Wash and sliced the peaches. In a frying pan, wash and sliced peaches. In a frying pan, pour the peaches with the date syrup and mix for 5 minutes.