Gluten free spaghetti with breadcrumbs is a tribute to Sicilian food.
Breadcrumbs are one of the main ingredient of Sicilian cuisine. A poor cuisine born from the imagination of people able to make special recipes with few but ingredients. The Sicilian farmers were brilliant enough to create a dish so rich in flavor that they did not fear comparisons with more elaborate dishes. Pasta with anchovies, breadcrumbs and capers is part of the Sicilian tradition. My gluten free vegan version is a delicious alternative.
Gluten free spaghetti with breadcrumbs: Ingredients
1 clove garlic
5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp desalted capers
A bunch of parsley
1 dry sandwich, gluten free
Pinch of sea salt
350 g (14 oz) Spaghetti, gluten free
Gluten free spaghetti with breadcrumbs: Method
- Clean and crush the garlic. In a frying pan, heat three tablespoons of oil, add garlic, capers and mix.
- Wash and cut the parsley and add in pan.
- Cut the dry bread and chop until you get a very rough crunch.
- In another frying pan, heat three tablespoons of oil and toast the bread crumbs with salt.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente in boiling salted water. Drain and add to the pan with the seasoning.
- Mix the pasta with bread crumbs and serve.