Cocoa and hazelnut truffles are a pearl of Turin pastry. Delicious sweetness to dissolve in mouth slowly, savoring the taste of every single ingredient. The cocoa, of excellent quality, but also butter and cream, if good, must leave delicate traces on the palate. My basic recipe, made with organic fresh high quality butter, may have different covers. Cocoa powder or toasted hazelnuts are my favorite.
Cocoa and hazelnut truffles: Ingredients
Serves: 70-80 truffles
250 g (9 oz) fresh cream
50 g (2 oz) high quality fresh butter
200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate 70%
200 ml (7 fl oz) milk chocolate
For the coating:
150 g (5 oz) toasted and chopped hazelnuts or 2 tbsp cocoa powder
Cocoa and hazelnut truffles: Method
- Heat the cream on the stove with butter without boiling. Mixed the two ingredients off the stove and add the chocolate bars. Stir vigorously until the chocolate has melted. Add 50 g (2 oz) toasted and chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and let cool to room temperature, then store in the fridge for at least two hours.
- When the ganache has reached the right consistency, take a small amount of dough and formed into balls.
- Pass them in the hazelnut powder or cocoa powder.
- Keep truffles in the fridge and pull them out just before serving.