Olive oil cookies are my winner cookies. A delicious recipe that never disappoints.
My shortcrust pastry with olive oil has improved over time, with small tricks that make it perfect. I have never loved traditional pastry, so this healthy alternative is ideal for me.
Olive oil is a precious commodity, recently considered, by some scientific studies, a real medicine. A delicate extra virgin oil is perfect for tasty and light sweets.
Usually, I prepare these cookies with flours from ancient Sicilian grains. Although they are already available in the best Italian food stores, I propose this recipe with flours easier to find even abroad.
These olive oil cookies are very fragrant and friable, also ideal as a dessert if accompanied by a cup of tea or hot chocolate.
Olive oil cookies: Ingredients
Makes about 15-20 cookies
80 g (3 oz) raw coconut sugar
100 ml (3½ fl oz) organic mild extra virgin olive oil
100 ml (3½ fl oz) plain yogurt, unsweetened
Pinch of sea salt
150 ml (5 fl oz) Farro flour
100 g (3½ oz) brown rice flour
100 g (3½ oz) cornea-cornflour
1 tsp organic baking powder
Olive oil cookies: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180° (350°/Gas 4).
- In a bowl, beat the sugar with olive oil. Add the yogurt, salt and mix.
- Add the flours, baking powder and mix with a spoon.
- Once the dough is compact, create a ball shape and, with a cookie cutter, create the desired shape.
- Put the cookies in a baking tray with baking paper. Cook for 15 minutes.