The Wolf Post, supported by a Cultural Association, offers a professional service with free access, without subscription.
For this reason, a donation would also be a sign of appreciation for our work.
Rustic recipes should be pure and simple and, at the same time, elegant. Just like these gluten-free cakes with Chantilly and dark glaze. They are ideal served as a dessert at the end of a meal and accompanied by a good dessert wine. Alternatively, for a sweet afternoon treat, they are great with a hot drink.
The suggested wine is FloruS Banfi 2017, from the Toscana Banfi winery. 100% Moscadello, Late Harvest, “The sip is full-bodied, accompanied by an important residual sugar. Good persistence of taste and smell of candied fruit”.
© Piero Pardini – The Wolf Post – Tuscany – ITALY
Ingredients for 10-12 cakes
- 250 g (9 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
- 15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder
- 1 large organic egg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 75 ml (3 fl oz) coconut sugar
- 125 ml (4½ fl oz) organic milk at room temperature 1 tsp organic “Bourbon” vanilla powder
- 75 ml (3 fl oz) mild EVOO (or 100 ml (3½ fl oz) cold-pressed organic sunflower oil)
For the Chantilly Cream
- 1 tsp organic “Bourbon” vanilla powder
- 250 ml (9 fl oz) heavy fresh whipping cream
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 100 g (3½ oz) dark chocolate 70%
- 100 g (3½ oz) milk chocolate
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Sift the rice flour with baking powder and set aside.
- Beat the egg, add a pinch of sea salt and then the sugar a little at a time.
- Pre-heat the milk to room temperature and pour gently over the egg. Add the vanilla powder, rice flour and baking powder, previously mixed together.
- Divide the dough into cups and bake for 20 minutes.
For the Chantilly Cream:
- Mix the vanilla with whipping cream and let it sit in the fridge for at least 2–3 hours. Filter and whip the cream. Keep in the fridge.
- Once the cakes have cooled, cut them in half and stuffed with Chantilly.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Melt the chocolate bars with light whipping cream and decorate the surface of the cakes.