The Wolf Post offers a professional service with free access, without subscription.
For this reason, a donation would also be a sign of appreciation for our work.
Served as appetizers or delicious snacks, these savory cakes are rich in nutrients. Perfect for a brunch, they are ideal with a mix of salads or crudités and a good glass of wine.
Tűzkő Sauvignon Blanc 2021 by Tűzkő winery is our match. Suggested because: “The sip is particularly fresh, the typical scents of the grape are highlighted. The drink is pleasant, clean, with a good persistence and an aftertaste reminiscent of a slightly macerated fruit”. For the full review click here.
Ingredients (Serves 10-12)
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) broccoli
- 200 g (7 oz) whole wheat flour, sifted
- 15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder for savory cakes
- Ppinch of sea salt
- 75 g (3 oz) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 100 g (3½ oz) Taleggio or Fontina cheese, cut into cubes
- White pepper, to taste
- 2 large free range eggs
- 125 ml (4 ½ fl oz) EVOO
- Cut the broccoli, removing the leaves and the hardest parts. Cook in salted water for 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix together the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, salt, cheeses and white pepper.
- Beat the egg, and add EVOO. Gradually, add the dry ingredients, stirring quickly. Add the broccoli.
- Place the dough in appropriate cake molds 12hole mufﬁn tin and bake for 15 minutes.