The Wolf Post, supported by a Cultural Association, offers a professional service with free access, without subscription.
For this reason, a donation would also be a sign of appreciation for our work.
This is the classic summer dish for a light convivial lunch or dinner. Made the evening before is even more tasty because the flavors blend together better. Brown rice is more digestible and keeps all nutrients intact. In addition, it keeps its fragrance and its crisp grains the next day.
Costa d’Amalfi Rosato 2022, by Marisa Cuomo, is our choice for its mineral closure with nuances of aromatic herbs from the Mediterranean maquis. The sip is fresh, precise, perfectly balanced, with a finish of great flavor. For the full review click here.
Ingredients for 2 serves
- 150 g brown rice
- 10 cherry (or dates ) tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 5 green olives, pitted
- 5 black olives, pitted
- The Juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried chili powder
- 10 basil leaves
- A sprig of parsley
- Pinch of sea salt
- Wash the brown rice and cook in boiling salted water, according to the instructions of the package. Drain the rice and set aside;
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut in half. Scrape the carrots and cut into rounds or cubes, according to taste;
- In a bowl, pour the tomatoes, carrots and olives. Season with the lemon juice, olive oil, chili powder, basil and parsley;
- Stir well and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes;
- Add the rice and mix. Season with another spoon of olive oil and serve.