This is not just a salad but a single dish, rich in vitamins, fiber and protein. Simple but effective broccoli salad has the characteristics that every salad should have: flavors, colors and textures. Broccoli, fresh from the garden, cooked al dente, crunchy toasted almonds and soft feta. You can also replace the feta cheese with rice or with tofu, taking care, in these cases, to add a pinch of salt.
The suggested pairing is Chardonnay Ars Magna 2020 by Ômina Romana. “The sip is fresh, broad and very pleasant. Good olfactory taste persistence, with a fruity aftertaste with a delicate note of toasted almond.” For the full recipe click here.
Ingredients for 4 serves
- 400 g (14 oz) broccoli
- 1 clove garlic
- Crushed chili, to taste
- 50 g (2 oz) sliced white almonds
- 200 g (7 oz) Feta cheese, cubed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Clean the broccoli and boil the peaks in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and toss in a pan with 6 tablespoons oil, garlic and chili.
- Cook for 5 minutes, adding 2 tablespoons of water to prevent drying.
- Toast the almonds in a clean, dry pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the broccoli into a salad bowl, add the feta cheese and toasted almonds. Dress with 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.