The key or secret ingredient to master a perfect pasta with tomato sauce is to always have the best tomato sauce. The sauce should always be thick enough to just stick to the pasta without being runny or slipping through the shapes.
I made this recipe with Sicilian cherry tomato pulp but you can also use the San Marzano variety. Sicilian cherry tomatoes have a unique taste from the Mediterranean climate which provides the best growing and maturing climate.
Our suggested wine pairing is Costa d’Amalfi Rosato 2022 by Marisa Cuomo: “Floral and fruity notes intertwine in a sinuous way, giving hints of violets, red roses as well as small red berries” For the full review click here.
Ingredients for 4 serves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 500 g tomato pulp (cherry or San Marzano tomato)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 320 g short or long high quality Italian pasta
- 100 g Parmigiano cheese
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Brown the garlic in extra virgin olive oil. Remove it and cook tomato pulp until the sauce is consistent (15 minutes).
- When tomato is cooked, add extra virgin olive oil to taste.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water till “al dente”.
- When the pasta is cooked, add tomato sauce and stir. Add a generous sprinkling of Parmigiano cheese.
- Serve warm.