The Wolf Post offers a professional service with free access, without subscription.
For this reason, a donation would also be a sign of appreciation for our work.
Home baking is an act of love, good not only for mood but also for health if made with clean ingredients.
EVOO is also an excellent ally in the preparation of desserts. We already know many of its benefits and including it daily in our diet should be a duty, not just a pleasure.
Artisanal EVOO is precious for baking soft and fragrant cakes to be consumed at breakfast or as a snack during the day. Choosing a quality EVOO is the key for soft cakes (or other preparations), rich in nutritional properties.
This vegan cake, with no added sugars, other than fruit, is made with Vacinata Val D’Ama EVO oil. An EVOO that, while maintaining its personality, has delicate notes,ideal for a cake with a crunchy crust and a moist interior. The cake remains soft for a few days. Banana is a natural thickener and, as such, an ideal egg substitute.
Ingredients for 8 Servings
- 300 g Wholemeal stone ground flour (if you prepare this cake with another type of flour, the quantity of the rest of the ingredients may vary)
- 50 g almond flour
- 15 g organic baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100 ml oat drink/ milk (or other plant based drink/milk)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 ripe peach, masched
- 1 ripe pear, mashed
- 30 ml Vacinata Extra Virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the oat milk, fruit puree and Vacinata Extra virgin olive oil.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture is well blended (less than a minute, otherwise, once cooked, the cake will be not very soft).
- Pour the mixture into a pan lined with baking paper. Bake, in a preheated oven, at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.