The Wolf Post offers a professional service with free access, without subscription.
For this reason, a donation would also be a sign of appreciation for our work.
Creamy pulses are a precious source of nutrients, rich in taste and versatile. Red lentils are particularly suitable for soups to combine with various types of vegetables such as carrots and a good rustic bread.
Alice Extra dry 2021 by Le Vigne di Alice is our match. A Prosecco appreciated for the ‘fairly complex range of aromas: floral and fruity’ and for the ‘Hints of fresh white flowers such as hawthorn, followed by hints of white-fleshed fruit reminiscent of green apple and thigh pear.’ For the full recipe click here.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and cut into rounds
- 200 g (7 oz) red lentils
- 2 carrots, washed and cut into rounds
- 700 ml (25 fl oz) warm water
- 1 tsp powder cumin
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- White pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, saute the leek with two tablespoons of oil. As soon as it becomes soft, add the lentils, and carrots.
- Make flavoring ingredients, add hot water and cook for 45 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are ready, let cool the soup and blend in the mixer kitchen with cumin until it becomes creamy. Put on the fire again for 5 minutes. Add pepper and serve.